This article applies to the following products:
Things you will need to wirelessly connect your Field Gauge to FieldLab Desktop:
- A Field Gauge with optional Zigbee (W1) Radio installed.
- Wireless dongle that was provided with your Field Gauge inserted into a USB port on your computer.
- A computer with Ralston FieldLab Desktop (available for free) installed. See Install FieldLab Desktop on your computer for more information.
- Your Field Gauge must be linked to FieldLab Desktop. See Link your Field Gauge to FieldLab Desktop for more information.
- FieldLab Desktop and your Field Gauge must be set to the same channel so that they can connect wirelessly. FieldLab Desktop and Field Gauges are both preset to the factory default; channel 26.
Open FieldLab Desktop on your computer.
Plug the wireless dongle into the USB port on your computer.
Once your computer recognizes that a new USB device has been connected, you should see a wireless icon in the bottom left corner of FieldLab Desktop.
Power On your Field Gauge.
Press and hold the Power Button for five seconds.
Open the MENU on your Field Gauge.
Press and hold the Menu Button until you see the word MENU on the screen.
Tap the Right Arrow Button (Backlight Button) to scroll to RADIO
Tap the right arrow button (Backlight Button) to scroll through the menu list until the word RADIO appears.
Tap the Check Button (Zero Button) to enter the RADIO sub-menu.
Tap the Check Button (Zero Button) to select RF ON
This will turn on the wireless radio in your Field Gauge.
Wait for the Gauge to establish a connection (about 30-40 seconds).
The Link Icon in the upper right of the screen will flash, indicating that the wireless radio is enabled and the Field Gauge is looking for another device to connect to.
Confirm connection between Field Gauge and your computer.
Once the Link Icon in the upper right of the Field Gauge screen is solid, it means a connection has been established with another device.
To confirm that your Field Gauge has connected to your computer, look at the Devices screen in FieldLab Desktop on your computer. The icon for your Field Gauge will show a green screen when it is connected.